SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand charts for Conscientiousness & Casual (2 in 4 people)
• Hand charts for Extraversion & Introversion (2 in 4 people)
• Hand charts for Neuroticism & Emot. Stab. (2 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
[Hand charts for ALL TOPICS below available very soon!]
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
Publication: october 14, 2016
Hand Charts for
Conscientiousness vs. Casualness!
Conscientiousness is a fundamental personality trait in the study of psychology and is recognized as one of the Big Five personality dimensions. Conscientiousness implies a pattern of interest & behavior according conscience. According Costa & McCrae (1990) this Big Five dimensions involves a composition of 6 facets, including: Competence, Order, Dutifulness, Achievement Striving, Self-Discipline, and Deliberation.
NOTICE: Individual hand features described below should not get associated in isolation with any theme; only combinations involving multiple hand levels have potential for diagnostic purposes.
Hand charts (above & below) source:
Prevalence: approximately 1 in 4 people are high scorers for 'conscientiousness' and versus 1 in 4 people are low scorers, which represents 'casualness'; additionally, 2 in 4 people score between 'conscientiousness' & 'casualness'.
The hand chart below describes how the Big Five personality dimension Conscientiousness correlates significantly with hand shape, the major palmar lines & the dermatoglyphics.
Hand chart: 4 hand factors in Conscientiousness vs. Casualness! (2016);
author: M. van Mensvoort
Other significant hand signs (not reported inside the hand charts):
Researchers have pointed out in the past on fundamental grounds that positive correlations between the Big Five dimension Consciousness and the 2d:4d finger ratio can be expected. Even though one study has reported a highly significant positive correlation with one of the Conscientiousness facets - NEO C6: Deliberation (J. Wacker et al., 2013
) - most studies have not confirmed this expectation (source: B. Fink, J.T. Manning & N. Neave, 2004
So far, it appears that the field of biometrics has hardly managed to identify significant biometry related correlates with the Big Five personality dimension Conscientiousness.
All significant hand signs listed above for the Big Five personality dimension Conscientiousness together cover 4 out of the nine perspectives of the hand as defined according Multi-Perspective Hand Reading (including hand level 3, 5, 8 & 9).
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations in the Big Five dimension Conscientiousness is described here:
Decoding the language of the hand:
hand sign combinations in the Big Five dimension Conscientiousness!
Hand charts are available for many other diagnostic issues;
start browsing HERE