SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand chart(s) for Agreeableness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Conscientiousness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Extraversion (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Neuroticism (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Openness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
[Hand charts for ALL TOPICS below available soon!]
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
Publication: november 8, 2015
Hand Charts for Hypercalcemia!
Hypercalcemia or hypercalcaemia is an elevated calcium (Ca2+) level in the blood, usually caused by primary hyperparathyroidism and malignancy (with cancer often involved).
NOTICE: Individual hand features described below should not get associated in isolation with any theme; only combinations involving multiple hand levels have potential for diagnostic purposes.
Hand chart source:
Prevalence: close to 1 in 4,000 people have hypercalcemia.
One rather superficial hand chart is available for hypercalcemia describing only 3 characteristics in the dermatoglyphics, involving: 1) small ulnar loop in hypothenar area, 2) distal loop in fourth interdigital zone, 3) increased atd angle - see picture below.
Handbook of Clinical Dermatoglyphs (1971), p.49;
authors: M.S. Elbualy & J.D. Schindeler
Other significant hand signs (not reported inside the hand charts):
The best known hand related symptoms that are highly suggestive of hypercalcemia are: hand- or finger weakness (11%), arm cramps or spasms (11%) & irregular appearing nails (11%); although none of these symptoms have specific high predictability for hypercalcemia (source: symcat.com
Other hand signs incidently linked with hypercalcemia are: short hands with stubby fingers
& clubbing of fingers
[Notice: HYPOcalcemia (= low calcium level in the blood) is associated with cold hands, tingling hand, or 'pins and needles' sensations in the hands; in chronic HYPOcalcemia, dry skin, coarse hair, and brittle nails can be seen]
Case report: short hands + stubby fingers in a patient
with hypercalcemia (combined with acrodysostosis).
All significant hand signs listed above for hypercalcemia together cover five out of the nine perspectives of the hand as defined according Multi-Perspective Hand Reading (including hand level 2, 3, 5, 7 & 8).
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations in hypercalcemia is described here:
Decoding the language of the hand:
hand sign combinations in hypercalcemia!
Hand charts are available for many other diagnostic issues;
start browsing HERE