SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Big Five personality hand chart for Agreeableness:
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand chart(s) for Agreeableness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Conscientiousness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Extraversion (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Neuroticism (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Openness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
[Hand charts for ALL TOPICS below available soon!]
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
30 Hand signs in Agreeableness vs. Antagonistic
Big Five personality hand chart for Conscientiousness:
28 Hand signs factors in Conscientiousness vs. Casualness
Big Five personality hand chart for Openness:
30 Hands signs in Openness vs. Closedness
Publication: november 8, 2015
Scientific Hand Charts: the collection!
The first milestone in the history of scientific hand charts was established in 1963 when L.S. Penrose published his 'dermatogram', a.k.a. 'phantom picture', for Down syndrome (mongolism) describing stereotype patterns in multiple dimensions of the hand involving dermatoglyphics & creases - see picture on the right below.
Major principle: what do these hand charts tell us?
Later likewise charts for the hands became available for many other syndromes, sometimes featured with characteristics related to other aspects of the hand morphology (often involving various aspects of the fingers such as: shape, lenght, nails).
The latest development concerns the fact that hand charts derived from scientific research are now also available for characteristic manifestations of normal psychology, involving the Big Five personality dimensions Conscientiousness, Extraversion & Neuroticism - see e.g. the three hand charts displayed at the bottom of this page.
Interestingly, all available scientific hand charts confirm the significance of the following essential no.1 rule, which describes the fundamental major principle where scientific hand reading begins:
"Any hand sign only bares significance for a specific theme when it's presence is combined with the presence of other hand signs that also bare significance for that same theme."
This no.1 major principle presents the axiom (abstractly defined) which also provides the basis for the scientific hand reading system named Multi-Perspective Hand Reading
SUMMARY: This introduction is designed to introduce first the major rule as a starting point (presented above), in order to present then an overview of the available hand charts - involving 26 themes (presented in alphabetic order below).
Arthogryposis | Extraversion | Conscientiousness
Cri du chat syndrome |
Down syndrome | Edwards syndrome
Fetal alcohol syndrome | Fragile-X syndrome
Holt-Oram syndrome |
Hypercalcemia | Kabuki syndrome
Klinefelter syndrome |
de Lange syndrome | Marfan syndrome
Neuroticism | Openness | Patau syndrome | Prader-Willi syndrome
Rubella syndrome | Rubinstein syndrome | Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome
Turner syndrome | Warkany syndrome | Williams syndrome
Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome | XXYY syndrome |
18 deletion syndrome
You can now start browsing the hand maps, which so far include 3 dimensions of Big Five personality model, 1 disease & 23 syndromes.
For browsing you might want to use the top menu or the menu presented inside the left column - both are available in each hand chart page.
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations is presented for the individual conditions here: Decoding the language of the hand!
Big Five personality hand chart for Extraversion:
7 Hands Signs in Extraversion vs. Introversion
Big Five personality hand chart for Neuroticism:
12 Hands Signs in Neuroticism vs. Emotional Stability